This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Mark 2.0 Benchmark Batter Life 2.0 6hrs only.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Just did a factory reset. ( Replaced Feb 1 ) 2 weeks used.
PC Mark is the only app installed.
ROG 2 Ultimate Edition.
PCmark work 2.0 benchmark battery.
6hrs
Xmode on
WiFi on
120hz
100% brightness
2BCN7H31WC65.jpg
C82FRBCE66RG.jpg
30 REPLIES 30

OPC
Zen Master II
Here are my results. Settings as required by Anders
120 Hz
Airplane mode
Sound volume +1
Screen 100% brightness
Adaptive brightness off
X-mode off
I would say results are quite good. The battery was 19% and good for another hour and 35 min.
1MZUWA1IJATZ.jpg

rhyan
Star I
ADNSYSM1PZ2S.jpg
PRBNNRCC47BT.jpg
@Anders_ASUS here my result
X-Mode OFF
100% brightness
Adaptive brightness off
120Hz
Airplane Mode active
Volume +1 above muted 
is this find??? why i pass at 30 only?? im at air condition room in my work... Ultimate Edition here too just like ralph christian and already do replacement on january 29, 2020 because of charging issue and battery drain... The issue now is battery drain again only..

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ralph Christian

How does the battery life time affect the temperature.

It's impossible for me to get that temperature without Air Conditioning.

I'm leaving in the Philippines which doesn't have that kind of temperature.

But i'm guessing the ambient temperature in my place is about 32 to 36 Celsius.

View post
This is a general recommendation when testing batteries. The optimum ambient temperature for a li-ion battery is 23-25C.
But I'm no battery expert so I had to do some googling. From what I can see, battery capacity will be mostly affected in lower temperatures but closer to 0-10C so no risk for you 😉
But to frequently use a phone in your environment will greatly reduce the life expectancy. Don't be surprised if your battery life is much lower in 2 years time. This is the case with all rechargeable batteries.

OPC

I tried to run that test. But if I am correct you have to kill all apps and run only the test. I had to use other apps as well so PCmark was interrupted. I will leave the phone do it overnight.

But I used phone in those conditions just to see what the battery life would be.

Screen 120 Hz

X-mode off

Brightness max

Sound +1

Airplane mode off (I need the connection)

I played Asphalt over 3 hours. Results are devastating. I guess it's the screen set to max brightness responsible, apart the fact that my eyes are now destroyed by the brightness.

Here is the screenshot

S9FLC4OV1FNV.jpg

Practically the phone was finished after 3 hours playing Asphalt. That much less then playing Asphalt in X-mode but with adaptive brightness on.

I would like to comment on the X-mode. With it turned off, the phone didn't heat up at all. Max temperature was 42 Celsius. Also 39 C for a long time. Notably less than Samsung Note 8 after playing 3 hours. That phone would glitch much sooner. CPU was running stronger (over 30%), while GPU was running lower (average 80-85%) than in X-mode. Didn't notice any decline in smoothness of the game. So with X-mode turned off it's absolutely fine to play without Cooler attached.

I don't understand why the system reports Asphalt 1%.

View post

Haha, why didn't you use sunglasses ?
This test you made shows many things that I've tried to explain to users complaining about battery drain and why comparing SOT is worthless.
Android battery stats is the worst. Where did the rest of the used 60% go? It's very unreliable to be honest.
Screen brightness matters more than people think
What apps/games that have been running matters more than people think

OPC

Here are my results. Settings as required by Anders

120 Hz

Airplane mode

Sound volume +1

Screen 100% brightness

Adaptive brightness off

X-mode off

I would say results are quite good. The battery was 19% and good for another hour and 35 min.

1MZUWA1IJATZ.jpg

View post

You added a very important thing to the list which I totally forgot
Killing all background apps. Unfortunately, this does not always kill the apps or the services tied to that app, so to make sure they're really dead, a system reboot is required (after you've killed the apps).

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rhyan

ADNSYSM1PZ2S.jpg

PRBNNRCC47BT.jpg

@Anders_ASUS here my result

1. X-Mode OFF
  2. 100% brightness
  3. Adaptive brightness off
  4. 120Hz
  5. Airplane Mode active
  6. Volume +1 above muted 

is this find??? why i pass at 30 only?? im at air condition room in my work... Ultimate Edition here too just like ralph christian and already do replacement on january 29, 2020 because of charging issue and battery drain... The issue now is battery drain again only..

View post
I'm discussing with UL/Futuremark why the graph looks like this and they say it's an error in the graph but the important thing is the number of passes and the elapsed time.
So you actually passed 52 passes which is really good. There's nothing wrong with your battery whatsoever. If you're experiencing battery drain, then it's because of some app or how you're using the phone but it's not the battery.

OPC
Zen Master II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46063#Comment_46063

This is a general recommendation when testing batteries. The optimum ambient temperature for a li-ion battery is 23-25C.

But I'm no battery expert so I had to do some googling. From what I can see, battery capacity will be mostly affected in lower temperatures but closer to 0-10C so no risk for you 😉

But to frequently use a phone in your environment will greatly reduce the life expectancy. Don't be surprised if your battery life is much lower in 2 years time. This is the case with all rechargeable batteries.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46110#Comment_46110

Haha, why didn't you use sunglasses ?

This test you made shows many things that I've tried to explain to users complaining about battery drain and why comparing SOT is worthless.

1. Android battery stats is the worst. Where did the rest of the used 60% go? It's very unreliable to be honest.
  2. Screen brightness matters more than people think
  3. What apps/games that have been running matters more than people think

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46171#Comment_46171

You added a very important thing to the list which I totally forgot

Killing all background apps. Unfortunately, this does not always kill the apps or the services tied to that app, so to make sure they're really dead, a system reboot is required (after you've killed the apps).

View post
Even with all background app killed it's still amazing that phone was running all night at MAX brightness. With adaptive brightness on it would take 2 days to run the test indoors, where the ambient light is much less intensive than outside.
So sceptics on my reporting on the forum that for business purposes alone this phone is good for 2 days can now see the graph.