This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now time has come, #nomorerog

jogeshvilluri
Rising Star I
No more rog phones suggested , no wifi calling feature for most networks, no security updates, no software updates, no self service centers, nothing but a fake gaming experience , take a bow asus for you software team, just showing some specs with two triggers and faking all other things, we could compare it with cheaper companies who are doing much better than asus, but i wont , i thought its reputation of laptops did carried through these gaming phones but they are using the gaming laptops reputation to get their days passed , but surely it will be the end of the era of rog phones if they continue treating the customers the same manner, no matter what brand you may be , you need the trust of customers,, orelse just go shut down your factory,
No official cases available for rog2 yet, after these many years , joke? Thats it no more rog #nomorerog will be trending in future
@CH_ASUS

65 REPLIES 65

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166783#Comment_166783

No, because its a degradation process. Much like when you use a power supply in a PC, if you use 60% capacity for 5 years nothing will happen, if you use 100% after 6 months it will die.

As for warranty, if there is a manufacturers defect, then even after official warranty you should replace it for free, there are certain laws that state this, this is also why you see extended warranty programs on apple products, it's not because apple wants to, its because they have to otherwise they will face lawsuits and will have to pay a huge fine.

Same goes for Asus, better pay a a couple of bucks for some IC replacements rather than pay millions for a fine.

View post
Degradation can happen everywhere on the phone. The manufacturer could simply say it's wear and tear and this doesn't usually get covered but even if it is covered under warranty, you still have within 1 year of warranty to repair it.
When I say wear and tear, could it be how long a user is playing? I must admit, I don't know what the chip does, but warranty should still apply like other things. Otherwise, anyone can claim warranty even with internal issues with the phone (where user don't touch).
I guess at the end of day is to see whether people having this issue will file a lawsuit. Still, it is out of control from the moderators here and shouldnt be complaining here.