This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost usb 3 transfer speed after latest update?

ct_rockstar
Star II
Previously i was getting high speed data transfers, now it seems to be capped at 47.2 MB/s. Anyone else facing this issue? I will buy a new cable and try again. But my other device Lg g7+ is working at 150+ MB/s on same cable, same pc, same file.
5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Terribly sorry about the late reply. I meant to reply after I double checked this internally and forgot to write back.
The cable that comes with ROG Phone II is a USB 2.0 USB-C cable. You might think "what?!?" but it's actually quite uncommon for phones to come bundled with proper USB 3.0 cables. Something you will notice if you search through other forums. LG might be one of the few exceptions. The strange thing is that you say that you use the same cable for both your G7 Thin Q. My best guess is that you're using the wrong port. Only the side-mounted port is USB 3.0.
Actually, the side-mounted port is USB3.1 gen2/DP 1.4(4K)/Fast Charging (QC3.0+QC4.0/PD3.0)/Direct Charge
while the bottom port is USB2.0/Fast Charging (QC3.0/PD3.0)/Direct Charge
Hope this was the reply you were looking for. It shouldn't have anything to do with software as I'm able to max out my notebooks SSD´s performance (190mb/s) using a  Belkin 3.1 USB-C to USB-C cable.

ct_rockstar
Star II
Anders_ASUS

Terribly sorry about the late reply. I meant to reply after I double checked this internally and forgot to write back.

The cable that comes with ROG Phone II is a USB 2.0 USB-C cable. You might think "what?!?" but it's actually quite uncommon for phones to come bundled with proper USB 3.0 cables. Something you will notice if you search through other forums. LG might be one of the few exceptions. The strange thing is that you say that you use the same cable for both your G7 Thin Q. My best guess is that you're using the wrong port. Only the side-mounted port is USB 3.0.

Actually, the side-mounted port is USB3.1 gen2/DP 1.4(4K)/Fast Charging (QC3.0+QC4.0/PD3.0)/Direct Charge

Hope this was the reply you were looking for. It shouldn't have anything to do with software as I'm able to max out my notebooks SSD´s performance (190mb/s) using a  Belkin 3.1 USB-C to USB-C cable.

View post
True, i think i might have tested the side port on the last run. Transfer works on full usb 3 speed on the side port. Thank you.

HeMaZved
Star I
Anders_ASUS

View post
I've read if you connect an SSD directly to the side-mounted USB-C port can more than 500 MB/s. That would be USB3.1 gen2.
You can see the transfer speed "MB/s" if you use MiXplorer, Solid Explorer (free) app.
Do you have an SSD with at least 500 MB/s (read and write) to test it? Transferring via Windows Notebook or PC has a limitation due to Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). You can't transfer more than 250 MB/s, despite the fast internal SSD in the Gaming Notebook or PC. I could imagine that the Asus ROG phone developers could improve it because of MTP, maybe improve this protocal or replace it with something better.

HeMaZved
Star I
And how is the status?