This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Security patch broke my phone

vijayajt
Star II
I have just installed the latest fota upadate and now phone is restarting randomly, there is no specific reason, so much for fixing restarting issues, they've made it worse for me.
6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
vijayajt

I have just installed the latest fota upadate and now phone is restarting randomly, there is no specific reason, so much for fixing restarting issues, they've made it worse for me.

Latest Security patch broke my phone
This is not security patch to blame or new software. it's hardware issue. Which can only be fixed by service centre. There are many ROG 2 restarting cases. And this are followed up by moderators. They will guide you i will tag a helping mod in this restarting matter. @ARP_ASUS
I hope he will respond here as soon as possible.
Thanks!

vijayajt
Star II
Yeah my phone was a victim of that as well, somehow I managed to work with those issues, but this started happening just after I installed the patch. And I couldn't use the phone for an hour, it was just freezing and shutting down.

CrEΣp
Star I
After the last update, wich happened yesterday, they messed up the finger print scanner, and possibly the display. When i try to put my finger on the sensor, the display turns off. When i lift the finger the display get back to normal, and so on. They fixed some issues with crap like Tik-tok and stuff, and now they messed every thing else! Way to go, Asus! O_o

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi vijayajt,
You have already shared the details over PM. I will take it from there. Thanks.