cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Rog Phone 2's End of Life? Open letter to everyone. #PseudoFlagship

ImShrey
Rising Star II
[Rog 2, Global/Indian Unit, 8/128gb, Non rooted, 0.65 build]
So Still no updates on fundamental issues? (Airtel WIFI Calling, WhatsApp, duo, Skype Bluetooth device issue, random reboots)
No reverts from mods for months, a year and half now? Almost no mod is active in Rog 2 forums these days.

Is RoG 2 a dead rubber already to Asus? Even comments are being approved and won't be published as is, are freaking Kidding me?
Plus, what's sickening is, no android 11 for Rog 2, as Rog series will get ONLY ONE major android update! Yeah, it not a nightmare its reality, and its often disappointing.

#PseudoFlagship
See what I would call Rog 2 or whole Rog Phone series is, "Pseudo Flagship", where in because of spec sheet and price of the device you are made to believe that it is a flagship, but in reality, it's just a hard cash grab. See a flagship is more than a device, it's an experience, be it UI, software optimization, customer satisfaction and after sales support etc.
With Rog 2 however we got late updates, often new bugs, which took forever to get fixed, crappy service center experience (people got their devices damaged from service center), 0 quality control and accountability (Random reboots), and missing fundamental functionality (Wi-Fi calling on Major carriers like airtel).
Let's make better life decisions going forward and stay away from such brands who are running for cash grabs and "0" customer satisfaction.
You make an investment of your hard-earned money, you put a trust on the brand to handle your essential digital experience through their products and yet you get treated as "poor guy asking for favours" which you are never going to get anyways.
Wake up people wake up!

Yours sincerely,
Fellow #PseudoFlagship user!
21 REPLIES 21

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@shreyashshah16 Enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi can be an involved process and it varies for different carriers and models. I can't say more about this specific case.

View post
So who answers the basic questions here? I mean thats largest carrier in the 2nd largest country on the planet. So is that so much so edge case that no one has answers and we have wait for like a year now?

ImShrey
Rising Star II
nationkid

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152246#Comment_152246

Android update is under evaluation

Do you mean the future of ROG updates are now being considered from the company to be stopped?

Just concerned that's all. Spent alot of money on this device and I don't want to be left in the dust.

View post
Freaking 1/3 priced Zenfone Max pro M1 got two android version updates! Again #PsedoFlagship
@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders @Anders_ASUS

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@shreyashshah16 Enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi can be an involved process and it varies for different carriers and models. I can't say more about this specific case.

View post
So who answers the basic questions here?
I mean its largest carrier in the world's second largest country. Is it so much so edge case that it will take more than a year?
And remember phone priced at 15-20% priced of rog phone 2 have this functionality present.

nationkid
Rising Star II
shreyashshah16

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152358#Comment_152358

Freaking 1/3 priced Zenfone Max pro M1 got two android version updates! Again #PsedoFlagship

@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders @Anders_ASUS

View post
I doubt Forum Mods can really tell us why. But I will kindly ask the mods to pass on our concern about the treatment we've endured as ROG 2 users.

nationkid
Rising Star II
I thought I would update you all on my complaint.

After have a back and forth set of emails I had to de redirected from the UK store because Asus dont actually run these.

Then it was sent to Asus for them only to reply to me as if it was a repair request...

After several emails later I finally get an email telling me they do not take complaints online or by phone and the only way to do this is to send it via post in the UK.

So, I'm writing up more to my complaint and will post it off.

Will let you know in the coming weeks what is said about the ROG 2 experience etc.