This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i check if Motherboard has been changed or not on my phone?

Sarvna_S
Star I
I have given my device for services and they updated motherboard needs to be replaced and that is in progress one side.
I have 2 questions. Now, when I collect my device in service center:
1) How do I check if Motherboard has been changed or not on my phone ?
2) How do I find the replaced Motherboard is brand new and original ?

8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Sarvna_S

I have given my device for services and they updated motherboard needs to be replaced and that is in progress one side.

I have 2 questions. Now, when I collect my device in service center:

1) How do I check if Motherboard has been changed or not on my phone ?

2) How do I find the replaced Motherboard is brand new and original ?

how do i check if Motherboard has been changed or not on my phone?
I would probably say the Serial Number Settings - System - About phone - Status is probably you will find anything nearest relating to your device.

Sarvna_S
Star I
@ronald1985 thank you, can you be specific for the second question !

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Sarvna_S

View post
The serial number should be a sticker on the back of your phone. But you should be able to find it in the package the phone arrived in.
While I cannot answer your question specifically, please may I ask why do you want to know? Surely, if the problem happens again, then you will need to get it replaced again. It really a win win situation for you while in warranty period. Only downside is the wait and delay due to the pandemic.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Sarvna_S

View post
You can find serial number / imei on your purchase/order invoice or on Phone box.
As far as new/old, you can try to register the device under your asus account on asus's website. If it's a success and considering asus have implemented "duplicate serial no. Check" (hopefully) then its safe to assume this device/motherboard was not registered before.
But it may happen that if it's used/2nd hand board then original user may not have registered device during initial phone setup.

Lot's of if and buts.