This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping of Refresh rate Rog 2

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Hi...my phone is set on 90hz refresh rate.. but when i enter into settings or any app... Refresh rate drops down , may be less than 60hz , coz it feels very laggy...but after i restart my phone , again everything is buttery smooth... This happened 3- 4 times now, after the latest update. Please help.
31 REPLIES 31

Ritik_Thete
Star I
Ritik Thete

Yes, I am also a ROG 2 user since 6-8 months and I didn't face this issue untill I updated to Android 10... After the update as time passes the refresh rate starts falling down... Like for 24 hours it runs on 120Hz but after the refresh rate starts falling down until I restart the phone... After the restart it again runs smooth for 24 hours and later on still faces issues... Also some of my friends are ROG 2 users and they are also facing same issues after they updated to Android 10..

@Gustav_ASUS @and06tw

@Anders_ASUS

View post
Please acknowledge this issue... We need a solution for this ASAP... It is causing a lot of problems... Kinda feeling to sell my Rog phone and switch over to iPhone
@Anders_ASUS @gusta_cm @gusta_cm @Gustav_ASUS

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello Support. Can you give us all some feedback regarding this issue? Do you confirm the issue and that is being studied and tested or shall I assume this is a hardware defect and claim my money back?

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Yeah while I was scrolling through Google feed I felt the lag or stuttering while moving the finger slowly in downward scrolling even at 120hz
Also found the this stuttering in youtube feed as well
TestUFO: RefreshrateAlso when I test the refresh rate on this website
Refresh rate remains 120hz but the fps drops to 115,95,100 soon and the website says there are stutters in scrolling
It somewhat reduced when I Restarted the phone@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @LP_ASUS Please help

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Worst scrolling at 90hz

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Sourabh

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/722OWK8LVXSU/2020-08-01-21-11-42.mp4

Worst scrolling at 90hz

View post
Yep I can cleary see stutters in your video@Sourabh
Did you tested your phone at 90hz what was the avg fps given in the website
Any large fps drops?@Sourabh
Idk why but at 120 hz
As in the refresh rate test website
Screen is refreshing at 120 hz or 120 times every sec but the fps is dropping to 115 110 90 @Gustav_ASUS @Anders @CH_ASUS