This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ASUS ROG Phone 2 support USB Type C [Male] to USB type C [Female] & 3.5 mm Audio Jack splitter?

Hym
Star I
I've been trying to buy an adapter that the ROG Phone 2 supports. It is a USB Type-C (Male) to 3.5 mm Aux & to USB Type-C (Female). I wanted to transfer all the wires to the usb port on the left (portrait) or bottom (landscape-ccw) so that there are no annoying things for my right hand when playing games.

See image for reference.
shopee-85aa6d73dda3b7e8d4a18c35b02fa452.jpg

I tried to go find it in a nearby mall and found a different design/brand of a similar product but it did not work. Music will still play on the speakers and not on the earphone (plugged aux cable).

I saw a closed discussion with similar topic but it only asked a single connection (type-C to aux).

I'd appreciate any help/answer for this.
3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I don't see why it shouldn't work as it's basically an AeroActive Cooler fan without the fan - but I can't promise that all adapters will be compatible with your device. (As you already found out is the case.)
Your best bet is to check if everything works before committing to a purchase. Or simply use/buy the AeroActive Cooler instead, since it's an official ASUS accessory that we know will work.

Hym
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

I don't see why it shouldn't work as it's basically an AeroActive Cooler fan without the fan - but I can't promise that all adapters will be compatible with your device. (As you already found out is the case.)

Your best bet is to check if everything works before committing to a purchase. Or simply use/buy the AeroActive Cooler instead, since it's an official ASUS accessory that we know will work.

View post
Hi Gustav, thanks for your reply. I was kind of finding a cheaper accessory and I don't have the complete set for my phone.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hym

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152552#Comment_152552

Hi Gustav, thanks for your reply. I was kind of finding a cheaper accessory and I don't have the complete set for my phone.

View post
I understand! Just make sure to check for compatibility issues before spending your money.