This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did asus rog phone 2 need to update manually ?

jefffunkey11
Star II
Did Asus Rog Phone 2 need to update manually ?
can it auto update itself system just like another phone ? i ask for this because i am really2 do not know to updte it manually ..many youtube video tht i have seen, it all was update manually.. helpp me..????
6 REPLIES 6

Bustedツ
Star II
It actually not that hard to update it manually once you know how
The way i use is checking first asus website for updates at
ROG Phone II BIOS & FIRMWARE | Phone | ASUS GlobalAnd then check on
Steps of Update: 
1. Check software version of your device**
2. Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only. 

**How to know the device model? 
Path: Settings->About-> Model number
Example: ASUS PadFone2 

**How to know the device software version? 
Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
Example: CHT_PadFone2-user-10.4.17.15-UpdateLauncher

**System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please buckup your important data before system upgrading.

Once you find out which sku your phone has, download it latest update if there is one and put it on the internal storage then restart your phone if needed after disconnecting the usb a notification should popup about new update

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
jefffunkey11

DZCF904RKYUC.jpg

i also tencent rog phone 2 user have global rom but old version ?.. i dont know how to get it to the latest global rom? can it auto update soon ????helpp.. this phone is great but the system make it manually update..help me

View post
@faisal.f.s.b.kw already linked the right download page, and the instructions for a manual install are here. https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1009748/
Because you have a Tencent phone, it may never correctly update automatically.