This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot manual update any zip files

anthony_j_comi
Star III
Hi I been loving the rog phone 2 but ever since I got it back from repair at the service centre for a screen replacement it's never gotten an OTA update and zip files are detected but always fail. I have been updating the phone via raw files supplied on forums and loading them via bootloader but it's becoming a bit of a hassle I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to have it sorted out I'm currently on 2004.9 firmware. Also if it's any help when I got it back from the centre my model has changed from I001DC to I00D and on the box it's supposed to be I001DC and that's what it used to read when I first got the phone. Any help would be much appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
anthony_j_comi

Hi I been loving the rog phone 2 but ever since I got it back from repair at the service centre for a screen replacement it's never gotten an OTA update and zip files are detected but always fail. I have been updating the phone via raw files supplied on forums and loading them via bootloader but it's becoming a bit of a hassle I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to have it sorted out I'm currently on 2004.9 firmware. Also if it's any help when I got it back from the centre my model has changed from I001DC to I00D and on the box it's supposed to be I001DC and that's what it used to read when I first got the phone. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cannot manual update any zip files
Can you give the precise error message you get? Or a screenshot of the error?

anthony_j_comi
Star III
@ronald1985 sure here are some pictures
screenshot-20200720-100917685.jpg
screenshot-20200720-100926491.jpg
This has happened ever since the 1910.64 update that was put on at the service centre I contacted Asus by email and they said that the phone was updated by them when it was in for repair (which the repair took a month exactly to do for a screen replacement)

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@anthony_j_comi Does your device say Tencent on the back by any chance?

anthony_j_comi
Star III
@Gustav_ASUS hi no it says republic of gamers and I bought it from jbhifi for $1700 as a bundle with a kunai gamepad it's the only seller in Australia that has them as an Australian item but the unit itself is from Germany so it's definitely a global version I've had a tencent one with a converted rom and that did the manual updates fine I actually sold that to get the global one for the FOTA capability but both FOTA and manual do not work unfortunately