This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you connect Asus to TV using Type C to HDMI cable

chitransh_joshi
Star II
I tried this but not working on Asus Rog phone 2. It plug and Play on my Samsung device. But don't know if Asus support this. If any one know a solution on this do let me know. I need wired connection for screen casting on my TV for Game streaming.

26 REPLIES 26

Simon_So
Star II
Pkugged the side USB C and hdmi to my Sony Smart TV, and played PUBG. All good!

But of course it's hard to control without looking at the phone tho.
No flickering nothing. Works seemlessly.

AceNachos
Star I
Ok, so I got one of those portable monitors with touch screen amd USB C and HDMI inputs. I have a Galaxy S9+ and to get the image AND touch to work I jus plug a USB C to C cable. But the ROG Phone is a different (and dumber) beast: it only works with the HDMI port using a hub, which deprives it of touch capability on the monitor. One would think a newer and better device would have at least the same usability but the joke is on us. Shame on you, Asus!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Volodesi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22021#Comment_22021

Yup. It is an HDCP problem.

I found my HDMI splitter and tossed it in. Fixes the screen cutting out issue.

HDCP will cause the screen to cut in and out if you disable HDCP in your capture card. This flashing happens as well on my PS4 with my capture cards HDCP off. The HDMI Splitter ignores HDCP, which fixes the flashing on both my phone and HDCP.

I wonder if it's possible for Asus to add a option to disable Android's HDCP? Cause the only way to do it right now is with a custom ROM.

View post
Bypassing set requirements? No.

ervin28_delute
Star II
Volodesi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22021#Comment_22021

Yup. It is an HDCP problem.

I found my HDMI splitter and tossed it in. Fixes the screen cutting out issue.

HDCP will cause the screen to cut in and out if you disable HDCP in your capture card. This flashing happens as well on my PS4 with my capture cards HDCP off. The HDMI Splitter ignores HDCP, which fixes the flashing on both my phone and HDCP.

I wonder if it's possible for Asus to add a option to disable Android's HDCP? Cause the only way to do it right now is with a custom ROM.

View post
So you only need USB Type C to HDMI and a HDMI Splitter? Just the two only?
Becoz i have a problem with type c to hdmi with screen flickering and when i play games it say's "Invalid Format"

Volodesi
Rising Star II
ervin28_delute

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22220#Comment_22220

So you only need USB Type C to HDMI and a HDMI Splitter? Just the two only?

Becoz i have a problem with type c to hdmi with screen flickering and when i play games it say's "Invalid Format"

View post
Probably. I bought the splitter years ago. Most the ones you get these days have HDCP now.

You shouldn't need to worry about HDCP if you're playing it on a TV/Monitor directly. Only if you plan to capture it.