This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity rapidly degrading

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
I activated my ZS630KL-S855-8G256G on 11/24/2019. As of 8/09/2020 my battery capacity is at 83%. I never charge overnight and always immediately unplug after hitting 100%. I've heard about others experiencing the same issue. Is this normal for all rog phone 2? What are my options? Is anybody able to offer any advice or info? Thanks in advance

30 REPLIES 30

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103415#Comment_103415

Battery degradation depends on wears on battery which is more when you charge above 80%. So even if you have the scheduled charging you are still charging it above 80%. Battery consumption also depends on temperature of phone or room. I once had my AC on 20°C and my phone battery was draining fast because now i know that phones battery need to reach a certain temperature to function properly and if the temp is too low then the battery will do more work to bring it to usable temperatures. And on hot temperatures the battery drain increases to prevent overheating of device and prevent burn of any component such as screen. When you charge battery to 80% it will have 0.5-0.7 wear and as they stated a battery is good for 300 wears which means you can have the device for good 2 years and have no impact on battery. After 2 years your battery has approx 150-250 wear depends on % you charge to. If you are charging to 100% then in 2 years you might want to consider replacing your battery which is fairly very good option rather than buying a new phone. Battery replacement only costs 3000 rs in india which is cheaper than i thought and you can use phone for another good 2-4 years depending on what you use it for.

View post
Understood thanks,from now on I will let it charge to 80% and won't let it drop below 20%
At present my battery health is at 85% with 5000mah in accu battery
But as I Charge overnight I really need the Rog 3 feature to stop charging at 80% and reduce the charging power to 10w ,these 2 features are literally one of the best features no phone has ever had.
I really hope Rog 2 gets these two features in the coming updates
@Anders_ASUS please provide us with these 2 features@Anders