This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 hz gaming NOOB question

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Does playing pubgm GLOBAL with max fps right now at 60fps has a difference with setting the screen refresh rate at 120hz on the armoury crate? or it will just drain my battery more thus setting it back to 60 hz refresh rate is much more efficient?
3 REPLIES 3

xtomylee
Star II
I don't know, you have to check by yourself if you feel the difference.
I can feel the difference between 100fps on 75hz (pc) and 100fps on 80hz ( poor monitor ? )
But I really don't know if there's any effect going from 60hz to 120hz on same 60 fps..
And definitely it drains more power.
So far im locked 60hz on 60fps games, feels smooth, and battery lasts longer with less heat.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
xtomylee

I can feel the difference between 100fps on 75hz (pc) and 100fps on 80hz ( poor monitor ? )

But I really don't know if there's any effect going from 60hz to 120hz on same 60 fps..

So far im locked 60hz on 60fps games, feels smooth, and battery lasts longer with less heat.

View post
yup i agree locking it to 120 fps with 0 fps games makes your phone very hot. than usual. If someone on the moderators could confirm it. as to my opinion is pretty subjective

OPC
Zen Master II
xtomylee

View post
60 FPS games should be played on the screen set to 60 Hz. It's more fluid. Setting the screen to 120 Hz actually can create glitches. At least with Asphalt 9.