This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 8 Pro and External Headset/Mic

marksbras
Star III

Recently changed from ROG Phone 3 to the ROG Phone 8 Pro.  I have a Jabra headset with mic that worked when plugging it into the ROG Phone 3 USB port.  It doesn't seem to want to work with the ROG Phone 8 Pro.  Does anyone know a solution?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

Are you using the side port?

Thank you for the inquiry.  I tried both the side and bottom port.  As a more complete description the phone shows the headset icon on top but neither the mike nor earphones are working.  Also with the ROG 3 I would always use the bottom port successfully 

esther598
Star I

Hello,

Certainly! When your Jabra headset isn’t working with the ROG Phone 8 Pro, try these steps:

Turn Bluetooth Off and On: On your phone, toggle Bluetooth off and then back on.
Pair with Another Device: Try pairing your Jabra headset with a different mobile device to confirm if it works.
Update Firmware: Ensure your Jabra device has the latest firmware version.
Reset Your Jabra Device: If all else fails, perform a reset on your Jabra headset.
Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the issue.

flying together

Best Regards

Esther Smith

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately due to work requirements the headset cannot be a Bluetooth and must be wired (plug into USB port)