This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 8 AT&T no calls

GilroyPro
Star III

Got the global version of the ROG Phone 8 Pro. Can't make call through AT&T. Any estimate on a firmware update to address this issue like maybe nearing along side the US version when that comes out. A firmware update can fix this as I have experienced this before when upgrading to the next ROG phones

17 REPLIES 17

I know this might not be the answer you want but I noticed that when buying on amazon, you have to make sure the seller is Mobile advance. Clicking the link from the Asus website takes you to the phone's page in amazon but it might not select the correct seller.

In the attached image you can see the amazon page for the 8 Pro. This is coming directly from the Asus website and clicking the amazon link. You can see that the seller is not Asus or Mobile advance. You'd have to go down to different prices to find the Mobile advance one.

I assume that the US version can only be bought either directly from Asus.com or through the official US retailers: Mobile Advance, Abt and Amazon(through Mobile advance)

If you try to buy from the amazon Asus store you're going to get the global version. Since most other countries in for example Europe or Asia, will also probably buy it from there. Most countries can use the global so having it in amazon makes sense. At least that's what I assume is the case since the US version is made for just a couple of countries.

It's Asus's fault that they don't explain properly that the US version has to be bought from very specific places.

I still have the Asus RoG Phone 8 Pro Global Version. Got calls to start working on the phone. Look it up and the solution is to go to your phone dial pad. Dialed *#*#3642623344#*#*  and it enabled Volte through AT&T

The problem is that when you restart your phone its gone. You have to dial it again. Why do we have to go through this every year. This is ridiculous.

I purchased my "US Edition" directly from the ASUS Amazon store and am putting up with the same thing. I'm not trying to screw around with enabling volte every time the phone reboots or the charger from Uganda with adapters to fit US outlets.

Literally says this on the listing

• [US Version] Compatible with GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile and MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) who utilize AT&T and T Mobile networks.