This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 8 AT&T no calls

GilroyPro
Star III

Got the global version of the ROG Phone 8 Pro. Can't make call through AT&T. Any estimate on a firmware update to address this issue like maybe nearing along side the US version when that comes out. A firmware update can fix this as I have experienced this before when upgrading to the next ROG phones

17 REPLIES 17

Gtoonm
Rising Star I

I was just going to say that if you're in the US the US version of the phone is the best choice. Since the US arguably has the best carrier compatibility out of the three versions.

The global version doesn't cover bands B14, B29 and B30, all very important for AT&T coverage. B14 alone is what gives at&t the majority of it's country wide coverage. 

In contrast the US version covers almost all important bands aside for the mmWave and some from Verizon, because they are the carrier that's the most complicated to get certification for

I don't know if you can return it or flash the US ROM when it releases but I don't know when the US version comes. My guess based on previous was in mid-to late February 

Have had the phone for a few days, still in the return window. Global version Asus Phones have worked on AT&T. I don't know if the US version will make AT&T 5g faster than compared to the Global Version without MMWave. Did notice that 5G was a bit better on the ROG 8 vs the 7

I would strongly recommend to get the US version if you live in the US as the US version does cover the bands needed.

Mattias i have a question for you. I just bought the Rog phone 8 pro US version from Asus Amazon retailer website listed on Asus official website. Upon receiving the tracking number i noticed that the phone is coming grom Hong Kong and its the global version which i didnt buy. I wanted the US version. The seller says that there is nothing as US version and its only global version which works in the USA. Again i bough this from Asus website under where to buy and you can see Amazon retailer over there. Attached are couple of pictures so you can see. I Just want to know if i am being scammed or not. Please let me know.