This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 8 PRO OVERHEAT

Starboy9
Star I

I updated the newest update on 3oct2024 with a  newest version 34.1420.1420.427. Later the rog phone 8 pro battery heat when i used to open an app such as WhatsApp , RTI apps. Before updated, the phone normal and dont heat.  Now the phone won't last  than a day. At 7am battery 100%, at 5pm less than 20% when i use whatsapp/rti only. Is there any way to downgrade the previous version? 

3 REPLIES 3

Mattias_ASUS

Hello @Starboy9 

After a software update it is very common to experience heating and battery drainage due to the system adapting to the new firmware and programs still optimizing, this process can take a couple of days.
If you are still experiencing issues I would recommend doing a factory reset to clear everything and have a clean start, as this can make the phone experience better.

JIT compilation doesn't take that long and there's no adapting.

Instead of asking users to perform a day-wasting factory reset, how about getting the ASUS engineers to create software updates that don't corrupt the configuration?

Mattias_ASUS

To do a factory reset is a recommended solution on all Android devices, this is due to the nature of the Android updates, this is the best way to speed up the process, if you do not want to do a factory reset then waiting is the best choice.