This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 8 Pro Data Connection is substantially slower than my Rog 6

My new Rog 8 Pro is substantially slower than my Rog 6 in my 5G data connection.

Same SIM card, operator, side by side the 2 years old Rog 6 is much faster.

What's going on?

#rog 8 pro

#rog 6

4 REPLIES 4

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

I think maybe ROG 8 and your ROG 6 connect to different 5G bands of your provider.

There's anything I can do to fix that?

If your new ROG 8 Pro is slower than your ROG 6 on the same network, despite being on different 5G bands, there are several potential solutions to explore:

1. Check Network Coverage and Signal Strength:

• Ensure that both phones are getting good 5G signal strength in your location. Sometimes, a weaker signal can result in slower speeds.
  2. Reset Network Settings:

• On your ROG 8 Pro, try resetting the network settings. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues and improve speeds.
  3. Update Software:

• Make sure your ROG 8 Pro has the latest software updates installed. Manufacturers often release updates that can improve network performance and stability.
  4. Check 5G Band Compatibility:

• Verify that the 5G band your ROG 8 Pro is using is supported optimally by your network provider in your area. Some bands might have better coverage or speeds depending on local infrastructure.
  5. SIM Card Issues:

• Even though it's the same SIM card, sometimes swapping it or getting a new one from your operator can resolve speed issues, particularly if there's a problem with the SIM itself.
  6. Network Settings Comparison:

• Compare the network settings between your ROG 6 and ROG 8 Pro. Ensure that both phones are configured similarly for 5G connectivity (e.g., ensure both have 5G enabled, similar APN settings if applicable).
  7. App and Data Usage:

• Check if there are any background apps or heavy data usage activities on the ROG 8 Pro that could be consuming bandwidth, thereby affecting speed. Close unnecessary apps and monitor data usage.
  8. Factory Reset (Last Resort):

• If all else fails and the issue persists, consider performing a factory reset on your ROG 8 Pro. This can sometimes clear up any underlying software issues that might be impacting performance.
  9. Contact Support:

• If the problem continues after trying these steps, reach out to ASUS support or your network provider's support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps specific to your device or network.

By systematically checking these factors, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue causing slower speeds on your ROG 8 Pro compared to your ROG 6.  read more 

Hi Katelyn,

Thanks for your response.

All points checked. The speed remains the same.

I figured out the signal strength on ROG 6 is stronger than in ROG 8 Pro. 

Phones side by side.

Maybe the rog 8 pro antena is weaker?