This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 8 Pro - Android system & Wakelocks Excesive Background Battery Usage

Gtoonm
Rising Star I

I have the 512gb version of the ROG 8 pro, and I noticed that after the new update, the phone performs quite well except for 1 point.

The excessive usage of background process and wakelocks the android system generates. 

Most of the battery the phone consumes while idle or in regular non-gaming usage comes from the android system itself rather than the games or apps. A behavior I've never seen in other phones.

Even passively when the screen is locked using dynamic mode, not even X mode.

I've used multiple battery monitoring apps with admin permissions to monitor this and yet the system seems to be the main culprit in multiple scenarios.

I hope the next security update can address some of the background management issues.

8 REPLIES 8

leisgo
Star I

SAME HERE, ABOUT 50% OF BATTERY  usage were cause by  system background process while I was sleeping... 

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

Yea i have the same problem.

Try to see if updating the google play system maybe will fixed it. Its kinda weird behavior that its draining so much in the background.

Mattias_ASUS

Hi, most of these issues that appear after an update are normally fixed after a reset, please try it and let me know if it solves your problem 🙂

I have attempted multiple reboots and this problem persists.

Additionally the update is by no means new, I installed it minutes after I opened the box and turned on the phone for the first time. I have only been using the phone with the update installed.