cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Hypercharge 65

krismaganti6996
Star II

Hello Folks,

I am using ROG Phone 8 Pro and I've noticed that when I plug in the Original block and cable that came with my phone, it shows "Hypercharge 30" but I am aware that this phone should charge at 65 watts unless we disable it, may I know how to enable 65 Watt charging, please?

Thanks!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

In some markets like sample india the phone ships with a 30W charger. Maybe you should check if your country is in the market to that the phone will come with a 30W charger. 

View solution in original post

In your charger you can see the wattage of it and which model of charger it is, but I believe the post above is correct.

For a charger to access Hypercharge it has to be compatible with some charging protocols, in this case it's PPS and PD 3.0.

6 REPLIES 6

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

In some markets like sample india the phone ships with a 30W charger. Maybe you should check if your country is in the market to that the phone will come with a 30W charger. 

Yep, that is exactly true, I've just hooked up my GAN charger to ROG 8 Pro and it is now showing "Fast Charging" instead of "HyperCharge". Thanks A lot for letting me know about this.

In your charger you can see the wattage of it and which model of charger it is, but I believe the post above is correct.

Yes, it says 35 watts, but when I connected it to 65 watts GAN charger it is charging to full power and displaying as "Fast Charging*