This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 8 Pro pictures underwater?

Toyota22
Star III

With the Asus Rog 8 Pro can I take a foto with it underwater?

6 REPLIES 6

Gtoonm
Rising Star I

I would advise against that, the phone has Ip68 water resistance but submerging it on purpose might be risky regardless. Mainly since unless you go into a clean pool, most water in lagoons, rivers, lakes and oceans are going to have some nasty stuff you don't want to get in the crevices of the phone.

You could however, buy a water pouch specifically made to submerge devices underwater for pictures and preventing any damage. They are not that expensive and can help you protect your phone if you want to swim or take videos under the water.

If you meant camera wise, I assume that it totally can take pictures underwater.

I want to use the phone only at the pool, in clean and filtered water, is this possible or not?

Mattias_ASUS

That's a very good question.
While IP68 stands for water resistance, there's no way to assure the water will be the same everywhere, for example the sea with salt water or a pool with chlorine.
I would advise getting some kind of protection before doing this, to make sure no unwanted substances get in contact with the phone.

I want to use the phone only at the pool, in clean and filtered water, is this possible?