This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and VoWiFi not working ROG Phone 7

SwissBandit
Star III

Hi I am from Switzerland, I have two SIM from two different carriers and both support VoLTE. Swisscom and Sunrise... However I don't have the option in my ROG 7 Ultimate to turn VoLTE. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi I did some more testing and I am actually not convinced anymore, my problem was directly related to VoLTE.  However, thanks to your continuous support I found the issue. I think it was a conflict between the active calling Sim and the preferred data sim. I was able to.solve the issue by changing a setting. Let me explain:

I have two sims in my phone:

• Sim 1: Carrier: Swisscom, VoLTE (4G calling) activated
  • Sim 2: Carrier: Sunrise, VoLTE (4G calling activated
  • Main Sim for Data: Sim 1

Issue (found these details only because your questions, thanks again):

• When I received a call on SIM 1, I was able to surf the internet during the call. All good, VoLTE working)
  • When I received (or made) a call with Sim 2, I did not have any internet. Probably because the phone was busy with the ongoing call on Sim 2, and could therefore not use the selected main data Sim (Sim 1) at the same time. 

Solution: in the settings for SIM2 I had to activate "Data during calls, temporary use Sim's 2 Data during VoLTE calls...."

Now everything works.. 

Thanks again

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

dennis96411
Star II

Go to the phone dialer and dial *#*#ENHANCED4G#*#*. You should now have those options in your settings. VoLTE is likely to work but VoWiFi might not.

Note that this does not survive reboots and you will need to do it again on every reboot. I've taken to automate this somewhat using an automation app.

I am not sure why. But if I add the same Simcard to my Samsung phone VoLTE works perfect. As you can see in the attached there is no VoLTE in the settings even I did dial that cod

SwissBandit
Star III

Hi, if I type anything that starts and ends with *#*# the dialer just closes. No further action,no VoLTE appears in the setting. 

It should show up under internet settings as 4G calling.

Screenshot_20240107-144650_Settings.png