This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 7 Tencent ver issues

mmo03
Star I

I bought the ROG 7 Tencent version (on accident, I didn't know the difference) from a third party seller  12/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy). I don't mind not being able to install updates it doesn't bother me. However though after a few months of owning the I've had many issues with the phone from, speakers randomly stop working, mobile signal dropping, screen randomly going greyscale.  Tried to get support from them about it but surprise surprise the seller disappeared.

Today thought, my right air trigger just stopped working. The phone fell from a low height and stopped working. After I started looking at my phone it seems like the sensor migrated upwards and is not in the normal touch zone. I'm not pressing the right trigger at all but it says it's active (no case on when taking screenshot). I've seen a lot of people complain about the air triggers in their phones but has anyone else had that issue?

4 REPLIES 4

kmcmurtrie
Rising Star II

It has the wrong radio to work reliably outside of China. You can't fix that.

I don't know about the AirTriggers.  The OS driver is so laggy I can't tell if they work or not.

mmo03
Star I

Yeah I know about the issues of the Tencent version outside of China because of the community here and I'm fine with not being able to get OTA updates and also me getting this version is my fault because I didn't bother to look at the different versions of the device.

I just wanted to know if anyone had anything new on the Air Trigger issue, I didn't see much of anything on the other threads, it was just people saying they had the same issue with no response from staff

Tencent phones only have warranty and support in their designated sales area, so for issues with it I would suggest you contacting your reseller.

mmo03
Star I

I did contact Amazon and they said that there is nothing they can do about it, so I'll keep it as it's my only phone.