cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 7 music/media issue when unlocking

DezuDezu
Star I

Good day! 

Every time i unlock my phone while playing music using a music player app, the sound dissappears for couple of seconds and somewhat my phone lags for a couple of seconds during this period. The sound does return after a couple of moments. I tried using headsets and bluetooth speakers to see if this problem is present in those devices and it is. 

Hope to find a solution for this problem

5 REPLIES 5

jerryyy
Star I

Hello!

It sounds like you're facing an issue with your ROG Phone 7 when unlocking it while playing music. This can be a bit frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address this problem:

1. Clear App Cache:

• Go to Settings > Apps > [Your Music App] > Storage.
    • Clear both the cache and data for the music app.
  2. Check Battery Optimization:

• Go to Settings > Battery > Battery optimization.
    • Find your music app and set it to "Don't optimize." This ensures the app runs smoothly in the background.
  3. Restart Your Phone:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve glitches. Turn off your phone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  4. Check for Software Updates:

• Ensure that your ROG Phone 7 is running the latest software version. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates.
  5. Disable Audio Enhancements:

• Navigate to Settings > Sound > Audio Wizard (or similar).
    • Disable any audio enhancements or equalizer settings to see if they are causing the issue.
  6. Check for Rogue Apps:

• It's possible that a third-party app is causing conflicts. Boot your phone into Safe Mode (usually by pressing and holding the power button, then long-pressing the "Power off" option). In Safe Mode, only pre-installed apps will run. If the issue doesn't occur in Safe Mode, it indicates that a third-party app is the culprit.
  7. Factory Reset:

• If the issue persists and you've exhausted other options, consider performing a factory reset. Make sure to back up your important data before doing this.
  8. Contact ASUS Support:

• If none of the above solutions work, it's advisable to reach out to ASUS customer support for further assistance. They might provide specific guidance or solutions based on your device model.

Hopefully, one of these steps helps resolve the issue with your ROG Phone 7's music playback when unlocking. If the problem persists, ASUS support will be able to provide more targeted assistance.