This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 7 5g issue

lookl79
Star I

Hi all, i bought my phone rog 7 in Jan 2024, i have this issue , at first i can log in5G when i bought, and recently i upgraded to the latest patch firmware. Then i realised at home , my rog 7 did not log into 5G but my other new phone vivo can log into 5G using my own simcard.

I have emailed to Asus local support and they have send me typical way to unlock the rog phone 7 5G which i already know and tried.

Is my phone is faulty???? but i do log on to 5G in some shopping mall area.

8 REPLIES 8

i sent back to service center and need to change motherboard,...

Apparently our current situation abit different than yours. Some of us had updated the latest firmware which cause the lost of 5g on our specific simcard only. Meaning the number registered on the simcard cannot use 5g but other simcard i tried can be used. Which is just weird.

i already tell your grievances to the ASUS service center in kuala lumpur , malaysia  but do not have specific response regarding this issue. furthermore after i got back my phone, we have another new update... maybe this is to address the previous issue

ROG 7 (AI2205) Software Image: WW-34.1010.0820.88 for WW/EU/JP SKU.

Version WW-34.1010.0820.88
5.03 GB 2024/09/04

Improved Item:
1. Updated Android security patch to 2024-08
2. Optimized system stability
3. Update game profiles︰Zenless Zone Zero、Gakumasu、 Black Desert、Call of Duty: Warzone、Honor of Kings、Call of Duty: Mobile、PUBG MOBILE、Free Fire MAX、Monster Hunter Now、Genshin Impact、Honkai: Star Rail、 Wuthering Waves、Goddess of Victory: Nikke、Mobile Legends: Bang Bang、JUMP: Stars Assemble、D4DJ Groovy Mix
4. Update airTriggers profiles at ROG Instant Master︰Zenless Zone Zero、Honor of Kings、Shadow of Death、BNS2、Metal Slug: Awakening
5. New theme pack: Electronic Girl

Steps of Update:
1. Check software version of your device**
2. Download device software and Update SOP
3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.

**How to know the device model?
Path: Settings->About-> Model number
Example: ASUS PadFone2

**How to know the device software version?
Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
Example: CHT_PadFone2-user-10.4.17.15-UpdateLauncher

**System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please backup your important data before system

thanks for informing them. yes thats the updated version i installed. my phone immediately detects the update meant for my phone model. which sadly caused the issue. their support i have also contacted and they have raised this issue further. So now is more like a waiting game unfortunately. T.T