Star III

Normal temperature when in standby is 31°C

When Using Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, 90Hz FPS, 38 - 40°C

When Gaming 41°C - 47°C

37 = Comfortable to hold

38 - 41°C = Started to feel uncomfortable when holding

42°C› = Can't hold anymore.

Putting on a casing, you mean?

Just increase 1-3°C on every data I just provided just now, you got the temperature for the phone while casing is on.

Pretty sure people now understands that (Higher Temperature = Shorter Lifespan)

18 REPLIES 18

mralviar
Star III

right now I am at firmware .217 - 1 ( it is updated to 217 but i still need to reboot for it to apply.) i play codm medium graphics / ultra frame rate. with blackshark cooler i get max 32C. im in a cold room, with AC Temp at 25C. I use Bypass charging too, i dont know if that helps.

Hmm, I guess that's a skill problem for me, I think it's a defects now then

When you reboot it, i would say " welcome to the club"😂😂😂

Mattias_ASUS

Hi @Eaten!

I was wondering if you could share a log with me so that the R&D team can see what is causing the overheating.
I'm writing the instructions down below and then feel free to send me a PM with the Log so that the team can check it right away.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

I will reply + PM as soon as possible after I've don't my jobs, and I've completed the uploads, since it's taking millennial