cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating after updating to android 14

Sam1991
Rising Star II

Hi everyone, 

I am a normal user and I don't play ANY games at all on my rog phone 7 and I ONLY do some phone calls and surfing on Instagram.

For some unknown reasons , after updating to android 14, build No WW_34.1010.0820.60 , when my phone is being IDLE , it's temperature is around 27 to 28 C which used to be 19 to 20 C when checked on Armoury Crate .

Although , my phone heats up to 29 to 33 C when I do some surfing on the web, checking mails, Instagram , and Telegram which is very weird and shocking because it has never happened to my rog phone 7 when I was on Android 13 before upgrading ; No to mention, I don't have any apps running on the background.

I had to make sure not any apps causing this so I started my phone on safe boot and it didn't make any differences. 

I did a hard reset / wipe data cache but that didn't do the trick and much of a help either.

FYI: I am always on Ultra durable mode.

I was wondering, if anyone else is having the same issue ? or is there anything that I could do to solve this issue ? 

All I know is that , it's not normal because it wasn't like this before upgrading to Android 14.

I'd appreciate that if someone could help me out here. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Sam1991
Rising Star II

No moderators? Then what's the use of this forum ? 

Hello @Sam1991, thanks for the information.
I don't have an exact answer to your question but I've forwarded the information to our dev team.

Hi @Mattias_ASUS ,

I'm looking forward to hearing from you again as soon as you have an update.

Thanks

LoooooL , you think they will answer you soon !!! Just forget it ,they are not doing anything for any issues