This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad wifi reception with Rog 7

laprodigy001
Star III

Has anyone been able to get this resolved. My wifi on my rog 7 is horrible. It works decent when I'm within a few feet of the router but in the same room. When I'm if a different room I get horrible speeds so I can't play games to there full potential(defeats purpose of having a gaming phone).

received_867464038119560.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

laprodigy001
Star III

Same room 

Screenshot_20231018-230046135_1.jpg

laprodigy001
Star III

I even sent the phone in for repairs and got it back saying could not duplicate problems. Funny thing is I restarted the phone so if they couldn't fix and had to send a new one my personal info wouldn't be in there. When I restarted it I went threw a few of the setup screens n clicked a specific spot and when I got the phone back it was at exactly where I left off n what I did. Same battery percentage and everything. So they didn't do anything to the phone or even attempt to troubleshoot.. very disappointed with Asus . 

DeMoNeN
Star III

Sounds like a weak router or the placing of it. I have a WRT1900ACS using dualband N/AC and never having a reception issue or anything. I'm also having a two-story apartment.

Nothing wrong with router. The only Device that has a problem is my Rog 7 since the day I got it. It starts off strong and drops down to what I showed in picture. If I'm in the same room as router it's perfect. The second I goto another room it drops down to under 20mbps .My router is eero 6 on gb internet.