This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 6D Ultimate, Wifi 5Ghz signal is not working or is disabled

TheKasike
Star I

The first thing I want to say is a thousand apologies for my English.

I have a problem since I updated to Android 13 (I updated manually earlier this year), however, I just realized that the 5ghz wifi signal is not detected by my cell phone, only the 2.4ghz one. On Android 13 I tried with several 5ghz routers and access points, without success. As I mentioned, I just realized this because when I bought the phone it had Android 12 and it normally connected to 5Ghz.
In my search for solutions I updated the firmware to Android 14 and magically the 5 GHz one worked (even in the list of wifi networks I could see all the 5 GHz networks), but this only worked the first time I turned on the phone with android 14, since when I disabled the wifi and reactivated it, it stopped working and connected again to 2.4 GHz (the 5 GHz networks stopped appearing).

What I did was return to factory state (erase everything), since I thought it would be a clean start with android 14, I finished the reset and after choosing the language the 5ghz networks came up again, I finished configuring my phone and tried to deactivate the wifi again and the 5ghz signal stopped working again, then I reset it to its factory state and reconnected to a 5ghz signal, I configured it and left it connected to that signal for more than 1 day (because I thought it could be a hardware problem), after trying it for 1 day with 5ghz, I deactivated it again and it stopped working again, so I was left there without knowing what to do. Would there be a way to change the recovery image of my cell phone?, since I think it could be damaged.

I appreciate your help in advance, greetings.

0 REPLIES 0