cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't detect 5Ghz wifi and OTA updates. Rog phone 6D CN

xlan
Star III

Hi guys. 

I have an asus rog phone 6D not unlocked and not rooted, i was able to receive OTA updates. I'm on version 33.1203.0404.134 .

The problem is that i can't detect any 5Ghz wifi or detect OTA without rebooting the phone while in airplane mode. And then when i disable it again every 5Ghz wifi disapear. Can someone help me please ? I think that there is something wrong with my software or i don't know maybe i have to reinstall the full thing.

There is no asus service center in my country so i have to do it on my own. Please help ! 

9 REPLIES 9

When i knew I couldn't get OTA in WW i switched back and got it. But idk if that method is still working since i didn't get notifications about december security patch

@xlan When a phone changes from CN to WW it needs to be unlocked to be able to change the firmware to another region , this is considered rooting in the system and that's why you have received no OTA, and even if you change it, the original procedure void warranty and no OTA will arrive to the device.
According to your description your phone is indeed rooted.

@xlan I misread the first post and noticed you were talking about the 5Ghz network, my bad.

@xlan and @derek2 Does this happen on only one router? Or on every dual-band router you have tried it with?

It happened on every router. I've tried with the one hone and the one in my school. If it's 5Ghz , it won't detect it unless i rebooted in airplane mode as i said. Plus i don't get OTA updates if i don't do that, idk if it still works. I'm on 33.0404.1203.134 right now 

It happens to me on any router, I think it's a device problem. Sometimes it is solved when you restart the router but it is too annoying and does not always work