Upper speaker problem again after the latest update

Claymann3000
Star II

1. Rog Phone 6 

2. 33.0610.2810.81

3. Not rooted.

4. Very often, every couple of minutes.

5. Every app like YouTube, Tidal.

Guys I hate to tell this, but the problem concerning the upper speaker suddenly losing its volume to about 30% is here again. And what is more frustrating, the restart doesn't help.

More to this, listening with headphones and I suddenly hear sound in mono rather then stereo, for about 10 seconds and then back to normal. It is not headphones themself, checked with other devices.

The factory reset doesn't change a thing.

6 REPLIES 6

Claymann3000
Star II

Guys

Anybody, any ideas, please?

I did ones again this effort and executed full factory reset, which you all know how pain in the arse can be. And it was. 

After all.this hassle... nothing changes, I mean the bottom speaker plays louder then the upper one, no matter what app, via wi-fi, mobile data or from device itself. I did not make a call even. Calling myself thousg with speaker option do not help. Simply put: Im one step of sending this phone under warranty. I just need to find something to use instead.

Claymann3000
Star II

Yeah... And this hell of frustrating sudden mono sound via headphones also lives its own life in my beloved phone.

Please, Asus team, can someone do something about this??

petergroft29
Star II
  • Turn on the speaker. If you can’t hear anyone on the other end during a call, check to see if the speaker is enabled. If it is activated, the speaker icon is green or highlighted. If it's not, tap the speaker icon so that it lights up to enable it.
  • Adjust the app sound settings. Some apps, such as Facebook, allow you to mute the sound separately from the main volume control. If you don't hear sound in one particular application, check the app’s sound settings. You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app.
  • Make sure Do Not Disturb isn’t enabled. This handy feature could be the culprit for no sound. To disable this setting, navigate to Settings and turn off the Do not disturb toggle.
  • Make sure your headphones aren’t plugged in. Most Android phones automatically disable the external speaker when headphones are plugged in. This could also be the case if your headphones aren’t completely seated in the audio jack.
  • Remove your phone from its case. Some phone holsters or cases may muffle the sound. Remove your Android phone from its case, then test the sound. You'll notice immediately if the sound improves.

Greetings,
Peter

Hello Peter

Thank you for your time and hints on this problem. I really apreciate that.

I would like to confirm, points you provided checked. None of above situation coexisted with the problem. The upper speaker playing about 30% its volume and mono sound playing via headphones, they look exactly like before the patch with Android 13 update, which was broadly discussed among the users here. After te update both speaker and headphones worked normally. But after the latest update, which is .81 the problem appeared again stayed like this all the time. Thing is that none "speaker call" trick, restart or even factory reset (done twice) dont help or change the speakers behaviour.

I own you apppologie, because I didnt mentioned that the problem concerning the mono sound is via the bluetooth connection. I can check it with the cable though.

Cheers