This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly full bass/crackling overpowered/ hitting volume up bass dissapears only left instruments

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 6 16/512
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2208.160
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: 3th time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Happening in advertising movie, using chrome browser
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Saw a advertise movie in chrome webbrowser, bass was suddenly at full volume and cracking (sound setting on dynamic, maybe at 30% volume)
Lowering sound didn't help, changing sound profile to , dynamic, movie,game.. didn't help.
Hitting volume to the max, bass dissapeared completly, and had only full treble, hearing every instrument harder/ prioriteitsing.
Its like the soundchip is trying to detect when to give its nice bass sound, it will boost it up to 100% (even on low volume) and when raising the volume at max, the soundchip thinks to balance everything by lowering the bass, the bass is removed, and only full details of instruments,sounds etc goes in full detail on foreground

95 REPLIES 95

FunBike31
Community Legend I
wojtekmarchewka

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237926#Comment_237926

I'm on the .220 version and I have no problem with the top speaker. But the fact is, it's not ROG's best audio. Black Shark 5 Pro (I have) beats very hard in audio. Unfortunately, it has speakers on the side of the smartphone housing, so we cover it with your hand while playing or inserting it into an extendable gaming pad

View post
There are two separate audio issues, the lower volume on the top speaker only appears after a call in phone audio mode, if you have no call or your calls are in speakerphone mode, the problem does not appear.

Seth_
Star III
Unfortunately, problem appears also after call in speakerphone.

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
Same over here, after call, the top speaker sounds 30% less then the bottom speaker. Sounds like its after a wall.
Also special deep effects in games is gone.

PhenomFX
Star III
DeLLiAnO

Same over here, after call, the top speaker sounds 30% less then the bottom speaker. Sounds like its after a wall.

Also special deep effects in games is gone.

View post
Indeed.
Always, after a call, the top speaker drops its volume by 70% at least.
Deep effects in games are gone, the bass is gone, the sound is very flat and poor.
Overall sound experience from the ROG has been very poor and misleading, I don't know if it can be sued, but we are not getting what we are paying for, and the features that we were promised.

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237944#Comment_237944

There are two separate audio issues, the lower volume on the top speaker only appears after a call in phone audio mode, if you have no call or your calls are in speakerphone mode, the problem does not appear.

View post
I talk a lot on the phone. In various modes, normal/ speakerphone/BT. Not once did I have a problem with the top speaker. They play just as loud, but the audio is not as good as in ROG 3/5. 
It is strange that in Dxomark it took second place in the ranking, right behind the phenomenal audio from Black Shark 5. In my opinion Rog 6 was rated too high