ROG Phone 6, twin apps not recognizing Whatsapp

harstya
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 6
Firmware Version: CN_AI2201_user_release-mp
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): twin apps 12.1.0.12_220629
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
i owned ROG Phone 3 which recently died and i decided to switch to ROG Phone 6.
i can use dual Whatsapp account on ROG Phone 3 using twin apps, but why in ROG Phone 6 i cannot do that? (Whatsapp is not listed in the twin apps),
is it because i bought the Chinese version of ROG Phone 6 ?
please help
8 REPLIES 8

harstya
Star I
thank you Asus Zentalk,
problem is solved,
screenshot-20220903-212041-twin-apps-1.jpg
i have to manually added Whatsapp to the twinapps supported apps using adb command,
i'm also adding other apps & games 😄

harstya
Star I
update : cloned Whatsapp (apk) disappear after i restarted the phone.
i have to reactivate it via twinapps.
i guess i cant rely on (modified) twinapps to use dual Whatsapp account

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The basic problem is that you are using Chinese firmware and China is blocking (or trying) most social networks, for Whatsapp it even reinforced this blocking 6 days ago, so know if it is a firmware blocking , permissions not transmitted to the pro profile, from the play store or detected at launch is quite complicated.
Chinese users circumvent these blocks with varying degrees of success with a VPN
The easiest way would be to change the phone to a global model or if you have enough knowledge to put a ww firmware, take a look on the reddit rog 6 forum to see this possibility

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.