This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 Pro Hotspot problem

Dustin20021110
Star II
I have multiple devices. The Sim card is installed in ROG Phone 6 Pro, so all the other devices connect to its hotspot. When the other devices sleep, they disconnect from its hotspot, but reconnecting when woken up.

I've tried the configurations below:
Security: WPA3, WPA2, WPA2 or WPA3 adaptive
Type: WiFi 6, WiFi 5
AP band: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, Dual Band
Turn off hotspot automatically: Never

I've tried all the combinations above, reset all settings and turned off developer options, but this problem is not solved yet.
screenshot-20220908-142156-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220908-202710-settings.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
May I ask which devices are you trying to connect to the Hotspot?
I've noticed that in some Android devices there is a setting called "Adaptive Connectivity" which turns off the connection to save up on battery life when they go to sleep.

Dustin20021110
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

Hello!

May I ask which devices are you trying to connect to the Hotspot?

I've noticed that in some Android devices there is a setting called "Adaptive Connectivity" which turns off the connection to save up on battery life when they go to sleep.

View post
Oneplus 6, iPhone 12 Pro Max, MacBook Pro, MSi GF63
They all disconnect when sleeping, but when I install my Sim card in other device, this problem doesn't happen

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Dustin20021110

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227739#Comment_227739

Oneplus 6, iPhone 12 Pro Max, MacBook Pro, MSi GF63

They all disconnect when sleeping, but when I install my Sim card in other device, this problem doesn't happen

View post
its a known bug, it has been reported on the chinese forums quite a while ago.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.