This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 camera bootloop, again. pt2

Kingcockonut420
Star II

This is an ongoing problem with the firmware, i have the ROG 6 batman edition and my phone just started this bull**bleep** less than 2 weeks ago.  It started with my main camera glitching and forcing a reboot (which i was able to power off with recovery, let it sit for a few minutes and it would power on just fine) but on the 25th it auto updated to Android 13 forced a factory reset and is now stuck in a boot loop. ASUS has known about the camera issue since the 6 came out ( 1st reported on this forum in Feb) with no solution.   

9 REPLIES 9

I already got my phone back from the service center with the same bootloop issue and its still happening everytime I use my back camera

I thought it was nothing to do with hardware, because when when I open Instagram and swipe right the front camera is working, some apps like WhatsApp crash when doing video call, Zoom did not recognize any camera 

riawan
Star II

I don't know is this gonna be solving this problem or not, but you all can try my step if you want, coz I think the problem solve for me

My camera apps working just fine after I did this thing

1. Factory reset 

2. Install GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.6, this is the link https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl6/ 

3. Open it, then switch to main camera app, for me the front camera is working since

I hope this help guys, coz I knew how annoying this bug for each one of us 

Aldoedo
Star I

I have Diablo and Batman edition as a backup... My Diablo has this camera issue.. try to delete cache but the problem bootloop still there... Now i just reset it and give it to asus center before my warranty runs out in march.......hopefully they give new one or fix the problem by replacing the motherboard..

Bebbooo
Star II

I have the same problem. I contacted Asus RMA and sent the device in as it was still under warranty. After Asus received it, they sent me an email with an estimate. The repair should cost 1114,39 Euro (1.205,44USD). Asus rejected the warranty because the display of the device had already been replaced. The repair would therefore be more expensive than a new device. In my opinion, this is cheeky of Asus, as the problem has nothing to do with the display replacement and was not caused by it. I was very happy with the device so far, but with the poor customer service, this was my last cell phone from Asus.