jajabinx35
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Can any rog phone 6 owners bend their phone and check if it snaps? If it does, can you let me know?
Just kidding, but seriously after watching a certain video about the Rog Phone 5...can any Rog Phone 6 owners tell us if it has a 'durable feeling'? The last solid and strong design was probably the Rog Phone 3. But let's see what any owners here say...
10 REPLIES 10

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jajabinx35

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224124#Comment_224124

Ok, you got my attention. You see, I have soldering skills and have opened small devices as a hobby. I don't mind disecting my Rog Phone 2. But....I wouldn't really know what to change.

I can explain what happened. One day I was charging the phone and using it at the same time. It froze and I had these purple verticle lines appear and then it switched off. It never turned back on after that. I felt it may be a serious hardware issue, but if it's a common issue and there is a fix, i'm all ears and would like to try it...

View post
Its a common problem with the power IC. Ive seen many youtube videos simply reballing the PM8150B chip, meaning if you just reflow the chip without reballing it you should be fine for another 2 years or so. The issues you have happening are mostly due to cracked solderballs.
Just write on youtube "rog2 fix not powering on" or similair and youll get tons of youtube clips of people replacing the same dumbass power IC, reballing or or even just reflowing it. There is a small change that due to the cracked solder it runs off shorting the SOC but its rare.

jajabinx35
Star III
Thanks for this. I think i'll give it a go. It's amazing how it's designed to give up on a specific amount of time. Here's hoping the Rog 6 is more durable. Honestly, I don't mind keeping a phone for years now. But seems like they are all getting weaker and either fail or break easy.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jajabinx35

Thanks for this. I think i'll give it a go. It's amazing how it's designed to give up on a specific amount of time. Here's hoping the Rog 6 is more durable. Honestly, I don't mind keeping a phone for years now. But seems like they are all getting weaker and either fail or break easy.

View post
Its just ASUS being lazy with the rog series. They focus purely on the zenfone series. Look at lenovo, the duel 2 broke like a kitkat now look at their next gen the Y90 (CN), it will break your fingers before you can break it.

jajabinx35
Star III
I've received my rog phone 6 today. The last time I've used a rog phone was with the rog phone 2.
Obviously I'm not gonna bend it too hard, but it feels robust. Going to still get a good case to protect it.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jajabinx35

I've received my rog phone 6 today. The last time I've used a rog phone was with the rog phone 2.

Obviously I'm not gonna bend it too hard, but it feels robust. Going to still get a good case to protect it.

View post

Many just say "put a case on it" but completely forget that if you do that you can't cool the phone down so it'll be bend death vs heat death.