diu467
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, so it's been a week since I got my Rog phone 6. There is a major problem with my phone, it reboots everytime I'm making or receiving calls. Rest of the time, it is completely normal. I'm not sure if it's a software issue or hardware problem. Factory reset didn't do anything. The time of reboot is random, sometimes when making the call, sometimes when someone is calling, sometimes in the middle of the call. The longest conversation I had was about 3 minutes. Most of the time the phone reboots around a minute during a call.
9 REPLIES 9

FunBike31
Community Legend I
One week and you haven't sent it back!!!! this is the current deadline for a refund or an exchange, too bad.
You do not specify after the factory reset, did you reinstall one or more applications? before making a call and having a reboot.
Does this happen with a connected device? headset or earphone, or phone only (ROG microphone and speaker)
Specify the firmware version, it is essential
This can be due to the firmware, a third-party application or a bad internal contact, as many cases as solutions, of course for a rog 6 I will tend to favor the hardware failure.
Make calls in safe mode, it's the only reliable way to diagnose

diu467
Star I
screenshot-20221016-110348-settings.jpg
screenshot-20221016-102818-settings.jpg
I'm not sure which one is the firmware version. I did the reset and try calling before installing other apps, but it still happens. I don't make calls often. It most noticeable while connected to the car's Bluetooth, the reboot occurs very fast. Speakers and Bluetooth earphones can make the call go for about 10 minutes before rebooting.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The firmware is the Build Number, so the latest update (.197)
Ok, so like with Android Auto in BT or USB and other random cases at 4G/5G change.
It's been doing this from the first firmware to the latest, Chinese ZenTalk users have sent logs to R&D, it's been several months so hope you are patient.
Frankly, in all fairness, this ROG 6 is worse the ROG 5, one that works seems like a miracle, find a solution to get rid of it

Mattias_ASUS
Hello @diu467
Sending the information to R&D so they can take a look at it.