This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still need an official dock for Game Genie keyboard/mouse remapping?

Hasney
Star II
Because trying to find one of these is getting real rare now!
If so, does the Mobile Desktop Dock (ZS660KLD) still work, or should I be looking out for something else? The Asus Professional Dock seems even rarer.
10 REPLIES 10

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Mobile Desktop Dock was never compatible rog 5 / 6
Asus Professional Dock 14 months without ever finding one
No idea, already difficult just for the HDMI, on the other hand, if the recognition of the keyboard is possible, all the interest in games is the mapping of the keys as the rog3 did with the mobile desktop, this part has been removed in game genie rog 5 / rog 6
Requests from Asus !!! it's like writing in white letters on a white background

Hasney
Star II
FunBike31

Mobile Desktop Dock was never compatible rog 5 / 6

Asus Professional Dock 14 months without ever finding one

No idea, already difficult just for the HDMI, on the other hand, if the recognition of the keyboard is possible, all the interest in games is the mapping of the keys as the rog3 did with the mobile desktop, this part has been removed in game genie rog 5 / rog 6

Requests from Asus !!! it's like writing in white letters on a white background

View post
Sorry, how do you mean removed? There's reviews of the ROG Phone 6 Pro out there that still have the keyboard and mouse remapping to on screen keys.

Looking through it, if anyone at Asus could confirm compatibility with say the Asus SimPro Dock, I would grab it in a second.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hasney

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225743#Comment_225743

Sorry, how do you mean removed? There's reviews of the ROG Phone 6 Pro out there that still have the keyboard and mouse remapping to on screen keys.

Looking through it, if anyone at Asus could confirm compatibility with say the Asus SimPro Dock, I would grab it in a second.

View post
it doesnt, only the "professional desktop dock" which you can't buy.
Funnily enough nubias red magic allows you do use anything for keyboard and mouse mapping.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hasney

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225743#Comment_225743

View post
Ha, curious to see this review, I must have missed it and yet I am unable to count the list I have read in all languages.
Since I got the ROG 5, I found only one ROG 3 user with the mobile desktop and the professional doc who bought the ROG 5
The observation was that the ROG 5 connected to the professional doc could use the keyboard and the mouse well but unlike the ROG 3 the genius of the games the key mapping on the rog 5 was absent after the connection.