This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader unlocker

The_Hybrid
Star II

Sooo we are in Q4 now for a few weeks and there is still no unlock possible. Could we please get a response?

32 REPLIES 32

TechJaw
Star II

The truth is that the number of people who need root is so small that there is no point in ASUS worrying about them

That's why more effort needs to go into educating the general public about the values of freedom in software... Asus is playing a tricky game here. Multiple publications have written about their shenanigans, but since they "assured" people that unlocking would be possible again, those publications have issued edits or retractions already, which is where the majority of people stand. Not many know how much the re-release of the unlock tool has been pushed back.

Asus, I love your Hardware, but this is completely unacceptable. I will still buy your Zenfone 10 if you allow me to unlock its bootloader, but consider my trust in your brand to be nonexistent beyond that.

Tbh I doubt anything will happen without having a major public person talk about it like LTT or Gaming nexus, etc. If one of those would make a vid or ask for a statement it would go real quick for a proper response. We as single consumers have little to no chance.

TechJaw
Star II

To sum up, I returned the phone, bought a 16GB Oneplus 10T at the same price, unlocked bootloader 1 within 10 seconds and I have root without asking or dimming from the manufacturer. I will definitely advise against the Asus phone because it turns out that, apart from the inability to unlock the bootloader, it had two disqualifying defects: after answering the phone, the caller knew that I had answered the phone, but for 3 seconds neither he nor I heard him. The second problem is that after picking up the phone and starting a conversation, the phone did not stop vibrating. Software updated as of November 25, 2023. This is how my adventure with Asus phones ended. However, there is one thing that the Asus phone leaves behind every other phone I have heard, namely the sound from the speakers. The one from Asus outclasses the competition.

Dra
Star I

I'm truly disappointed at this Asus' attitude on this. I looked forward to buying Zenfone 10 but stopped for this reason. As I still have an old Rog Phone 5 so am waiting for unlocking to be enabled again to use it as a sub-device.