This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Phone 6 fingerprint

Xyrec
Star II

Is it just me or the fingerprint respond time is not as good as expect. The respond time is freaking slow compare to any other phone out there and sometime it just wont unlock no matter how many times ive tried. The fingerprint animation works when touched but it just wont unlock the phone. This really disappointed me... 

Any active user wanna discuss this problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Xyrec,
Have you applied a screen protector on your phone?

Xyrec
Star II

yes i have applied it and i added my fingerprint after the installation of screen protector. I strongly doubt the fingerprint sensor is this weak to catch my fingerprint through screen protector.

Hey @Xyrec,
I get it, however, the reason why I asked is if the screen protector is too thick or the light transmittance is too low, it will affect the penetration of light and cause the signal received by the sensor to change. It is recommended to choose a protective film with a thickness of less than 0.20mm, a transmittance of more than 90%, and a haze of less than 1%, which will get a better fingerprint recognition effect. If you encounter the problem that the fingerprint is not being identified, it is recommended that you remove the sticker first to check whether there is any abnormality. 

The screen protector I'm using now is the original screen protector designed for Asus ROG phone 6 by Asus official