evildante63
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 6
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always after update update 32.2810.2208.163
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wanted to record something and all of a sudden the camera start to behave abnormally with a lot of ticking sounds...
This happened after the update, I have uploaded a short screen capture of this behavior, hoping anyone can help or at least Asus would patch this problem...
youtu .be/VpL7vi9wQRs
Please help, the phone is less than a month old...
87 REPLIES 87

Yumero24
Star III

After recent update 33.0610.2810.104, the camera issue still persist. Can be used sometimes, and broken into bootloop another time. And it got new symptoms like shown in the video i posted, i didn't blur the video nor my camera lense dirty, it just happened. And after few bootloop and restart, it work normally, sometimes. So annoying, i will consider bring it to service center.

Lyntxrya
Star III

Mine bootloops so badly I think it might at some point not boot at all when using the camera so I'll try to not use it till I can send it to repair 

Yeah, you should pay a visit to service center. I've been on this problem too, try to disable the camera in case some app want to access the camera until you fix them. It's so annoying but somehow, the front camera is working fine lol.. In my case after i finally can boot after bootloop when accessing the camera, i can use the camera for a while, then i switch to front when possible. I just did service mine sometime ago, maybe around 3 months ago and they said it was motherboard failure, glad it was still on warranty and i charged nothing. Hope you fix yours as well.

Hmm nice pickup is scheduled for tomorrow thou should I format my device before or just let it be, I know it's going to be anyway 

Well, fix gonna wipe out your entire memory since they replace them. But if it's still accessible, maybe you should backup and erase important data just in case.. Mine just factory reset before, so i recommend you doing so.