evildante63
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 6
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always after update update 32.2810.2208.163
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wanted to record something and all of a sudden the camera start to behave abnormally with a lot of ticking sounds...
This happened after the update, I have uploaded a short screen capture of this behavior, hoping anyone can help or at least Asus would patch this problem...
youtu .be/VpL7vi9wQRs
Please help, the phone is less than a month old...
87 REPLIES 87

aazreen70
Star III
Imhotep1989

Mine had a similar issue, I'm in the UK. Opening the camera sometimes led to the phone crashing and rebooting, and sometimes a bootloop for couple hours.

Also had it once where the image flips upside down and turns blue.

It went to Czech repair center who were clueless despite it being prevalent on the forum, and they didn't bother try to reproduce it despite me including detailed notes on the issues in the package. They just ran it through a stress test. Therefore sent it back for a refund, which is a shame as other than that it was a nice phone for games compared to my exynos s21 ultra.

View post
I also sympathize with your problem, I'm just a little lucky here because I was able to repair my smartphone at the Asus center, according to your problem it's a motherboard problem that has ruined everything in the smartphone because apart from the camera problem there are other problems that started to appear I'm sure it's a motherboard problem

yosef019
Rising Star II
im not expirience this for now only with speakers problem im on 216 version
speaker problem easy reproduce idk why they not realese the patch

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Wessel

My girlfriend had this issue, sent the phone in for repair with a link to this forum, phone came back because they could not replicate the problem

She started the phone and camera was still malfunctioning

She lost confidence in this phone and returned it, awaiting to get her Samsung phone

However my ROG phone 6 is working perfectly fine for now

Seems like a lottery

View post
Its not lottery perse. It will happen to everyone eventually. Only difference is how long itll take. Much like the dead power ics on rog2, some get it after months, others after years. As long you dont actually upgrade components on the camera cuircuit, it will happen again. So you can hope it happens withing warranty period otherwise ull end up like the people.in the rog5 forum where the wifi dies in mass after warranty period.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Mattias_ASUS

Hello.

Today I got a reply from R&D, it turns out that the issue is hardware based and an internal component needs replacement, please let the Service Center that they need to follow "CSC-ECN-AIAUN975" to replace it, the camera module is not what needs to be replaced.

You can find your closest ASUS Service Center here:

https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location

View post
This is a certainty, the problem has been identified and the motherboard needs to be replaced, and as usual with ASUS, no product recall, no indication if it concerns one batch or all ROG6.
Read again this message from the moderator ASUS
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63972/having-weird-camera-issues-crashes-any-fix#latest

havasi86
Star II
Dropped my phone off at the service center yesterday. The camera started to freeze more than ever before. It worked fine until I select to record video in either 4k or 8k, Then it either stutters or just goes completely black. The guy at the counter did a factory reset but the camera did the same thing right after so they took it in for repair. I told him that according to forums and what I've read from ASUS it's a hardware issue. I'll try and remember to update here what happens next with the phone, if anyone cares.