evildante63
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 6
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always after update update 32.2810.2208.163
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wanted to record something and all of a sudden the camera start to behave abnormally with a lot of ticking sounds...
This happened after the update, I have uploaded a short screen capture of this behavior, hoping anyone can help or at least Asus would patch this problem...
youtu .be/VpL7vi9wQRs
Please help, the phone is less than a month old...
87 REPLIES 87

aazreen70
Star III
Hasnol

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/235554#Comment_235554

Can you tell us if the problem occurs again after you repaired? Because someone in this forum told that this problem will keep happening and it's a certainty.

View post
I also hope it never happens again, so trauma

aazreen70
Star III
Hasnol

Hopefully Asus can find a way to fix this because they're gaining reputation that they can't make a gaming phone because of the constant problem after they make a system update just like ROG 2 , 5 and now 6.

1666703233000.jpg

View post
I heard in a group in Malaysia that a user has bought a rog 6D, he said the temperature on the rog6D is more stable than on the rog6, only playing games the temperature is only 31°c

Wessel
Star II
My girlfriend had this issue, sent the phone in for repair with a link to this forum, phone came back because they could not replicate the problem
She started the phone and camera was still malfunctioning
She lost confidence in this phone and returned it, awaiting to get her Samsung phone

However my ROG phone 6 is working perfectly fine for now
Seems like a lottery

aazreen70
Star III
Wessel

My girlfriend had this issue, sent the phone in for repair with a link to this forum, phone came back because they could not replicate the problem

She started the phone and camera was still malfunctioning

She lost confidence in this phone and returned it, awaiting to get her Samsung phone

However my ROG phone 6 is working perfectly fine for now

Seems like a lottery

View post
you have to take a picture like a screen short to prove that the phone has a problem, like my problem, I went directly to the ASUS center via ASUS RMA website

Imhotep1989
Star I
Mine had a similar issue, I'm in the UK. Opening the camera sometimes led to the phone crashing and rebooting, and sometimes a bootloop for couple hours.
Also had it once where the image flips upside down and turns blue.
It went to Czech repair center who were clueless despite it being prevalent on the forum, and they didn't bother try to reproduce it despite me including detailed notes on the issues in the package. They just ran it through a stress test. Therefore sent it back for a refund, which is a shame as other than that it was a nice phone for games compared to my exynos s21 ultra.