Wifi, Hotspot and Widevine Certification Issue

muizzv
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_1005DA
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2202.231, 31.0810.1226.67 & 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Netflix (8.34.0 build 4 50250) & Prime Video (3.0.328.16747)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1) Widevine certification automatically changed to "L3". Having issues streaming HD content on Netflix and prime video, I tried to downgrade, reboot, restart etc., but no change
2) WiFi and Hotspot not working since 2 months. Tried downgrading firmware, worked great for few days but again it turned off, having this issue on all three updates (18.0840.2202.231, 31.0810.1226.67 & 31.0810.1226.91).
Will it ever going to get solved? How long until the next update?
I'm tired and I have lost hope. 😐
6 REPLIES 6

muizzv
Star I
Danishblunt

Not really worth checking out why your widevine doesnt work since your hardware will have to be replaced anyways. The WIfi/hotspot issue is due to broken hardware.

View post
Even if the hardware is broken why does the Wi-Fi start after downgrading or resetting the phone?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.