This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi again stopped working 1.5 half months after motherboard replacement due to the same issue.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 5
Firmware Version:latest version
Rooted or not:non
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
It took 2 months the first time to replace the motherboard and now after 1.5 months of using it again I am facing the same issue.i feel like breaking this phone now , I was soo stupid to go for asus.
4 REPLIES 4

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Share the conditions of use a little, it is less and less likely that a new bad series of motherboard is the cause, the number of new Wifi / hotspot failure after replacing the motherboard is no longer a case isolated and still in India.
Are you in an area where it is currently around 20 ° or towards Bombay with 30 °, do you use a cooler ?, which one, were you playing or just after, and ....

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi krnapj,
What was your software version post repair? Also once you received the phone did you receive any software update? How did the issue started happening?

krnapj
Rising Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi krnapj,

What was your software version post repair? Also once you received the phone did you receive any software update? How did the issue started happening?

View post
Yes , after recieving the phone i have updated it. I always update it to the latest version as soon as the update is available.
I was playing bgmi and suddenly it said server error reconnect and i pulled down the notification tab and it wasn't connected to wifi , I checked on my iPad if the wifi was working and the wifi was. So , i tried turning on the wifi but it wasn't turning on , so I tried to turn on the hotspot and that also didn't turn on .so from my past experience I know now it won't work
P.s. : I always play with aero active cooler and I am in the north where temp. Is 7 degree celcius these days .

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi  krnapj,
Have replied to you under PM.