Unable to Send or Receive MMS

jag_gia
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2104.56
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Tried multiple different apps all the same issue
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Both me and my partner have both gotten ASUS ROG Phone 5 phones and we both can't send or receive MMS messages we have tried different Apps gotten in contact with our service provider and still have the same issue. We have completed all basic trouble shooting and also manuelly added the APN settings and spent a good 2-3 hours running all means of trouble shooting.
I also seen another person who has had the same issue on the forum but that article has been closed.
Can we please have someone address the issue as this is affecting my ability to work as I can't download MMS audio files I received from missed calls.

37 REPLIES 37

jag_gia
Star II
Same me and my partner have Optus and same phone with same issues.
Have you raised anything with Asus cause I keep telling them this isn't an isolated issue.

Cideburns
Star II
We haven't yet.
Googling our issues brought me here (and to the other post that was closed, yet not resolved)

jag_gia
Star II
Same I tried everything on Google and have even had a case raised with Optus and Asus and I keep saying it's not an isolated issue cause my partner has the same issue and I've told Asus I'm not the only one and even hyperlink this thread in to my response showing that but still no one has looked in to it.
One this is for certain it isn't app related as I've tried different apps and same issue regardless.
It's either a timeout issue or something is blocking MMS from being downloaded or sent.

Cideburns
Star II
I have now logged a case to ASUS Support via their webform
asus-support-ticket.jpg

Cideburns
Star II
ASUS Support replied and told me I can send my new phone away for Warranty repair 🤨
Yet I'm not too keen on that, as I will then be without a phone for how who knows many weeks? When all that is likely needed is a firmware update or Message setting changed