Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twin App issues

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 10 out of 10
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp and Instagram
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Instagram is crashing every time I open it. I have uninstalled it restarted the device and the reinstalled it but the app still crashes.

Whatsapp is not fetching contacts from the device.

4 REPLIES 4

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Punisher100192,
Please confirm the software version, Go to settings => Software => About
Share a video for App crash
What's App => Try adding and deleting google account linked for contacts

1. Software version of whatsapp I am using is 2.22.3.77.
2. Instagram is working fine and not crashing now.
3. Original whatsapp is showing the contact. The issue I am facing is with the cloned(Twin) app.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ARP_ASUS 
I take advantage of this thread which also concerns a recent bug (.210 and the previous one) observed with Twin App.
It is impossible to stop an application, neither in the normal profile nor in the professional (of course this does not concern applications with an automatic restart), for games it is not really important, it bothers me much more for my banking applications, stock market... for example with 2 personal and professional profiles required.

BaraPawaka
Star I

Issue is still happening. ROG 6.

When I manually add contacts to the email, it won't sync.
When I manually click Sync now option, it wont sync either.

The last sync date will be from days ago. Restarting won't help. Update OS? Always updated.

It may eventually get synced, but we dont know when or how. We just crossed our fingers. If we are using Whatsapp, we need to add contacts early on to the assigned e-mail and can only message the contact when it eventually synced, which we will never know when.

Some searches suggests that this had happened to ZenUI at least since 2020, and seems to carry over to ROG UI. Is there no intention to fix this from Asus? Your competitors never have this kind of issue. Massive incompetent to let this issue unfixed for years.