This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5s pro do not have rear touch after going for repair

vamsikrisna
Star III
My ROG Phone 5s Pro was over heating and had low battery life from the beginning. When I gave it to the service center the first time, they said they replaced battery and gave it back in 3 days. I doubt if they did anything except for downgrading the firmware. After few days of using again with low battery life the phone died while in sleep the day before it was to be submitted for the repair. This time they said that they had to replace the motherboard and took 15 days. Unfortunately I lost my data. The original issue with the battery still remains and also the rear touch slide is not working anymore and is not even shown in the settings. The battery takes in only 2800 mAh while measured using usb volt and ammeter.
screenshot-20221121-235724806.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

vamsikrisna
Star III
@FunBike31
Left the phone at service centre again. Battery guru estimated at 2337 mAH. Accubattery estimated at 2887 mAH.
This phone has become an headache. I gave it to the service centre as suggested by the person called from Asus and the engineer who I am supposed to talk to was not available. As usual the people at reception would receive the phone and gave me an RMA sheet. Story repeats again, Asus dodges the issue, its like they do not want to understand the issue at all. When I tell them about the battery tester results, they say that they do not accept the third party equipment. I left the phone there and asked them test with their own equipment and show me that the battery draws 6000 mAH. I am fed up with this, service centre is 1.5 hrs away from my place and I was circling around them for 4 times now. I could not leave the town required by my work as I had to submit it and collect it from the service centre. This time I am thinking to just get rid of this phone and never ever buy any ASUS product and make sure none of my friends/family buy this piece of shit.