ItsMeCHG
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.114
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: 2-3 times in last 30 Days
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Previously i had wifi issues but resetting network settings used to fix it for a while.
Today it just died while i was playing game on it. Battery was well over 75%, still connecting charger didn't help. Its not turning on at all.
Still under warranty though.

5 REPLIES 5

ItsMeCHG
Star III
This is the first phone i bought that died cos all my previous phones are still up and running even my first android which i bought in 2011. And this just died well within a year. I guess trusting asus rog series phone was mistake, cos they knew about motherboard issues and yet they were selling them. I don't want a replacement, i want my money back. I just lost so many pictures which i think wont be recovered after motherboard replacement
From my first computer motherboard to my last laptop i trusted on asus. But, on mobile phone side, i can't trust them anymore.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello ItsMeCHG,
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
It is recommended that you visit the ASUS Repair Center to have your device checked.

Choose your language | Official Support | ASUS Global
Meanwhile, I have sent you a private message for more details. Please check it.
Thank you.

ItsMeCHG
Star III
Got mine Serviced. Service center people replaced the motherboard in just 2 days. Lets see how many days it will work. If the next update causses any issue. I'm definitely filing complaint in Consumer Court.
One of the Asus support person who called me, mentioned that Problems/Hardware failures caused by software updates are not their responsibility/fault. Then what consumers should do, every time they mess up the device with updates, we have to visit service center?
Basically they don't care about the customer once the sale has been made.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ItsMeCHG

Got mine Serviced. Service center people replaced the motherboard in just 2 days. Lets see how many days it will work. If the next update causses any issue. I'm definitely filing complaint in Consumer Court.

One of the Asus support person who called me, mentioned that Problems/Hardware failures caused by software updates are not their responsibility/fault. Then what consumers should do, every time they mess up the device with updates, we have to visit service center?

Basically they don't care about the customer once the sale has been made.

View post
In 15 months of Wifi breakage on thousands of ROG5s and affecting all Firmware versions, it's time to understand that it's not the update that caused the problem but the SN888 and SN888+ which come out of the Samsung factories and not TSMC, for the most probable cause, ASUS being silent on the subject.

XIAOMI made a callback and fixed the problem, ASUS changed the motherboard for the same one which had the same problem shortly after, so expect a next repair, paying a high price because there is little chance it's still under warranty.

For the 10 thousandth time, this WIFI defect happens at any time, those who believe that the update has broken the WIFI are those who reboot by obligation since it is mandatory after the update.