This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 5 motion control not working anymore and compass spinning.

wija
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: WW_31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Rog phone 5 without s
Warranty expired

Issue:
1) all motion control not working anymore. The motion control can't follow all the instructed motions. Last time I'm turning on this feature is when I first purchase this product 1 year ago, after that I turned off the motion control. I find out this issue when today I try again the motion control.
2) compass spinning forever in compass dedicated app & Google maps.

My workaround:
1) factory reset is useless (issue still occured)
2) about the motion control issue, I try to test gyroscope like in the pic below, it says my gyroscope error but when I try my gyroscope in CODM game the gyroscope working properly. This so weird.

screenshot-20221223-083405611-1.jpg
3) after that I'm also testing its compass like in the pic below, it says my ECompass is normal. But when I try my compass in Google maps or dedicated compass apps from Google play store.., the compass is spinning forever.

screenshot-20221223-083416233.jpg
4) and the dedicated compass app from Google play store says my compass sensors accuracy is high and well calibrated like in the pic below

screenshot-20221223-083604369.jpg
and the result of the advanced compass sensors check is in like the pic below, some sensors accuracy are missing (include "motion_detect" from Qualcomm) while some sensors accuracy are high.

screenshot-20221223-083635283.jpg
screenshot-20221223-083650509.jpg
screenshot-20221223-083655058.jpg

I don't know what to do to solve this. Please ASUS technicians try to solve this.
My warranty is expired.
If I bring my phone to Asus service center in Indonesia, they will 99% tell me to replace the main board meaning I have to pay the main board same as brand new phone price.
0 REPLIES 0